Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Whoever Has The Gold Makes The Rules

I was reading an issue of People Magazine. The one with Jon on the cover, from Jon & Kate Plus 8. The concept of overnight fame kinda pisses me off. The following is a paradox: I want fame, but I don't care too much for it. I want people to recognize the music, but I don't want people all up in MY business. Reading up on Jon, I can empathize with his dilemma.
Goddamn! 8 kids, twins and sextuplets, I'd get a Vasectomy, not. The man just wants to raise his kids, but because of a genetic gimmick, he's a celebrity. The man didn't want fame, but "Whoop, there it is!" Apparently, his wife became a nightmare bitch when they turned the cameras on. I don't care too much for them, I've never seen the show, what could they possibly show?

This made me think though. How come when you become an American celebrity, you're automatically Jesus. "Oh, my God, Tom Cruise likes ice cream. Me too!" Who cares? Do you remember Jaleel White's sitcom, Grown Ups? He said something on there that stuck with me ever since I saw it regarding a celebrity. "He puts his pants on one leg at a time like I do." You may have more cash than me, but I don't care. I admire how everything a person says or does, regular people just lap it up. A few people of whom I have a problem with, well, not a problem, but a bone to pick with:
Oprah and her bookclub. She slaps her name on a special edition cover, and what do you do? You buy it and read because she said so. You're pretty much guaranteed to be The New York Times Bestseller if she does that for you. I respect Oprah, but after a decade plus on TV, she just bullshits what she endorses. She could endorse Arsenic, and you'd probably take it, huh?
Drake. I dig his music. I'ma be real, I still haven't heard So Far Gone, but who cares? I dig his raps, he's nothing special, but I wish the best for him. What do you hear all the little heauxs making their own versions of? "He's the best I ever had?" It gets on my nerves. A Canadian cat with a Southern swag jumps onto the American Rap scene and dominates the ears of our chicks even worse than Lil Bow Wow and Lil Romeo combined. I respect him because he can actually rap. Keep doing your thing, but stop stealing all the heauxs.
Beyonce, the Mary J. Blige of our generation. Voice-wise, no, but the way she speaks to the women is remarkable. I love how I had the Sasha Fierce album when it came out, I absorbed its music, and like 5-6 months later, all of a sudden everybody wants to quote it. I was bangin' "Diva" before "Single Ladies" got hot. "Ego" is a joke to me, but the girls love it! Once again, I respect Beyonce, and I hope the best for Destiny's Child and their little comeback, but hearing her all over the place is crazy.

Quick rappin' question.
Where the hell is Plies? I ain't heard a soft R&B, "Bust It Baby" song in forever. I'm gettin' kinda worried. I remember every week there was either a new Plies song or a new album. Without the soft guitars and harps and synths, life seems kinda meaningless. Psyche! But really, he makes good music, with his thick accent, and the lyrics that suck, with the R&B singers. I'm looking forward to Reel:Da Real Movie...or Real Estate or Real Deal, or some Real shit....

P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit