Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Show Me What You Got....Post 420

This is post #420. Blaze 'em if I got 'em. Got 'em? No....oh well! Today's topic originated from a few minutes ago. I was watching BET's The Deal. They showed Kanye West's "Amazing". I like the song, but the video is certified "CHEEQZ". That's cheeks, as in buttcheeks. I remember a time in which music videos had deeper meaning than the song did, which is why I hate 95% of today's Rap videos. All that rented flashin' and stuntin' don't mean shit, and never will. The reason I ever picked up on Kanye West is because of his creative videos. I dug the stories or the aesthetics. Now, nobody's really trying anymore. Creep with me.

"Through The Wire", his first single. How I hated the song when it came out, you couldn't turn through MTV, MTV2, or BET without seeing it on all of them at the same time. I like the Kodak pictures and the moving scenes within. It was a decent concept. I like how it came together. Top notch video.

"All Falls Down", without a doubt, one of my favorite music videos of all time. I'm a sucker for anything shot in first person, takes a lot of camera work. With Stacey Dash as the lead girl and the scene where he hops through the x-ray thing, the video is too dope. The icing on the cake is the end, where the bottom of the screen has tears conjure up as Stacey's plane takes off.


"Gold Digger". The funniest single a guy could put out, with Jamie Foxx posing as Ray Charles and a common topic to rap about, this was number one for a minute. Not really creative, but with the help of the ladies, I could stomach it. Live pin-ups, "who do dat?" This video and "Diamonds From Sierra Lenoe" marked the decline of his video creativity, not the fall, but the decline.

"Heard 'Em Say".....I'm not really a fan of Kanye's version. Maroon 5's version is way better "Nothing Lasts Forever". I love the animations in the one including Adam Levine, but I admire the work put into the live action one....reminds me of a Christmas special or some shit.

"Touch The Sky", easily one of my favorite Kanye West joints. It was so real, and at the time, real on the radio was just unheard of. I really tuned in for the video to find out who the genius was behind the "I'm tryna stop lyin'(lion) like I'm Mumm-Ra." I flipped when I heard it, but my mom claimed it made no sense. She was the one who turned me onto Thundercats...I dug the whole Evil Kanyeval thing, the Nia Long cameo, and the whole tone, it was dope.

The last really good Kanye video I've seen, "Flashing Lights". Boogie came by my house and told me to watch it. Nearly one continuous shot, no Kanye West, expsensive coat up in flames, what more could you want?

West is indeed one of my top artists, and that's why it hurts to see him produce such mediocre videos nowadays. "Heartless", BOO! "Love Lockdown"...what the fuck was that? "Amazing"...certified CHEEQZ. He better come harder on Good Ass Job or he's gonna be looking for one....

P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit