Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Dems Iz Jokez

Friday, I was in the car with Grimm. We were on our way to what I predicted was gonna be a fiasco, no Lupe. That's irrelevant. The point is, we were listening to the radio. The radio and I don't get along. Pop-Rap simply isn't my thing, it never was. What I've come to realize is, Hip-Hop as a music is taken as a joke. Usually when something is being parodied, 9 times out of 10, it's a rap song. Why?
Me and this n!99@ (Hip-Hop Harry) don't get along. I don't like how they try to make him the epitome of Hip-Hop with his dress code. The shoes are what I assume are original Adidas, the baggy denims, the extra long shirt, the big ass medallion, and the side ways hat....Pisses me off.
A song that's pissing me off right now, "Walk That Walk". I saw it on BET's The Deal, and I thought I'd never hear it again. It's getting radio play. Hearing this made me realize the key to Pop-Rap: All you need is three words, and you got yo'self a chorus, or three syllables. For instance:(Don't steal my creative choruses!)
  • Eat That Bread
  • Comb Yo Hair
  • Beat His Ass
  • Fuck That Bitch
  • Drive That Car
  • Tie Yo Shoes
  • Sag Yo Pants
  • L...R.....G
  • Print That Paper
  • Burn Yo Album
  • Spare Some Change

And it goes on. Here's something else that trips me out.
I think it was the Rick Ross issue of XXL, maybe the Eminem one, don't hold me to neither one. Anyway, they had a brief article on the authors of "Stanky Leg". They said something like, just because we made a fun record don't mean we can't get lyrical. That may be true, but you turn around and come out with the "Booty Do"....Some people's definition of being lyrical is slowing down the beat and being less hype, not true at all. Mos Def and Kanye West are two of the hypest conscious rappers out right now, sometimes they rap fast, sometimes they rhyme slow.

In the words of Rakim, "I ain't no joke." This is as serious of a sport as Basketball or Football. Why you gonna exploit it like it's some cheap venue of entertainment. Hip-Hop as well as other genres have saved peoples' lives, inspired others to do great things, and keeps this world sane. Why you wanna go and do that to us?

P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit