Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some Kinda Backwards Patois

In case that was a tad over the head, "patois", (pronounced: pat-twah), most closely means: nonstandard words. There, you learned something.

What brings up such? Well, I was looking for songs to sample and I stumbled upon an article about Queen's song "Another One Bites The Dust". The article stated, if you reverse the chorus, the singer can be heard saying, "It's fun to smoke Marijuana." Me being as curious as can be, I downloaded it, chopped the chorus out of it and reversed it..........You'd have to be a bored muthafucka to make up words a reversed lyrics is saying. Did it sound like it? Loosely.
Remember in the 60's/70's where parents complained the rock stars were putting satanic messages in their records? I wasn't alive to experience it, I bet it was crazy. The technique of putting messages in the music if played reversed is called "Backmasking". Since that craze, a lot of musicians jokingly and intentionally put hidden messages in their songs. One artist I know a lot of folks have heard of, Lil Wayne is too a member of the Backmasking Club. The song is "Hustler Muzik". The lyrics are part of the third verse, "I ain't never killed nobody I promise that. And I promise if he try me, he gon' have to rewind this track. And make me go back." The hidden message is supposed to be "She starved us, why did you starve me?" Even deeper research leads people to believe Wayne murdered a white girl....YIKES!

There also appears to be one for another Weezy song, "I Feel Like Dying". I won't put it here, for I don't really like the song. They claim the song reversed is another song in itself. Guess I'll never really know....ever....

!xuaeH, gaB .T.M

E.C.A.E.P.

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit