Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Keep That White Girl"

I was looking up old songs from the Thousands and such. I stumbled upon Christina Aguilera's "Dirrty" with Redman. Though that song came off of her album, Stripped, it made me think of Back To Basics. Why? Pop artists working with Hip Hop folks is like the best thing since the meeting of Peanut Butter and Jelly. Trip with me as we look at the Hip Hop producers and Pop stars of our time.
(Christin Aguilera & DJ Premier)
Christina reached out to Primo. Primo was confused like, "Does she know who I am?" Putting five songs on Back To Basics, inducted Mr. Gang Starr into the Pop world. Really worth your listen.
(Pharrell & Britney Spears)
'Til this day, the illest Britney Spears song I've EVER heard is "Slave 4 U". Your regular Neptunes beat, not your usual Britney.......Really nothing else to say.....
(Gwen Stefani & Pharrell)
After No Doubt success, the band split. Why? I dunno. Out of nowhere, I heard "Rich Girl" or "Holla Back Girl" or "Harajuku Girls" and was like, "No Doubt REALLY changed their sound." I was told it was JUST Gwen. Wow, how long's this gonna last? Two albums later, it's pretty evident Gwen doesn't need No Doubt. I do doubt she'll NEVER make another classic song as long as she lives because she's doing this Hip-Hop Pop thing. You don't go from being in the illest band on the planet to, featuring on songs with Pharrell and making music with Slim Thug......Hmmm.....
 (Black Eyed Peas)
For the record, Monkey Business is THE BEST MUSIC EVER. For another record, doesn't Taboo look like Snoop Dogg's character on The Boondocks? Anyway, as of recent times, THE ONLY voices you hear from the Black Eyed Peas are will.i.am and Fergie. I've seen some productions credited to will.i.am and Fergie sings AND 'raps', this counts as a Hip-Hop Pop duo.....
(Timbaland & Justin Timberlake)
Ok....not a white girl, but the same rules apply. As soon as Timberlake departed from N'Sync, Hip-Hop producers were breaking his door down to make music with him. Ok......so the only big names I'm aware of are The Neptunes and Timbaland. Side note: It seems you get the total package if you get a Timbaland beat, Justin comes with it apparently.

P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit