Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Friday, February 27, 2009

SNOB (Something Nobody Ordinarily Becomes)

 

So, I was doing my regular Internet browsing and I read about Kanye West being featured on The Wake Up Show or The Good Morning Show, some show that has to do with waking up at the ass crack of dawn...

Anyway, we all know West is known for his arrogant/cry baby attitude. Well, on this show, his arrogance was on 1,000,000%^2, (in case that looks like a bunch of numbers and symbols to you, it essentially means, one million percent squared....back to our regularly scheduled program, already in progress). He was talking a whole bunch of shit. He was like, "If I don't wear Ed Hardy, you shouldn't wear Ed Hardy. If you like it, that's cool." Then he stated his musical beliefs, "I don't say whose music I think is wack, I just say who I'm a fan of. I know my power and I don't want to take food out of anybody's mouth." (These words aren't verbatim, by the way)

This made me think about the shit I talk here on the blog. If anybody that I have talked lowly about, (refer to the post: Top 10 Wackest Emcees Of All Time) has read the material, know that I respect you as a human being, that's a given. But as music artists, I don't approve. They say actions are stronger than words, but depending on the actions, words last a lot longer...in my own humble opinion...

This leads me to the question: Why do rappers gain a God-like attitude when they get recognized?

I guess it comes from the money, power and women....you know? You figure if you get paid hella to talk rhyming words over beats, and you can afford to do things you'd never imagine, that'll change how you think.....

A motto I keep in mind: if you're good at something, why not conduct yourself like you're the best at it?

It makes sense. If you make beats, do you not usually think they're the best thing since sliced bread? If you rap, don't you usually think your rhymes are the rhymiest rhymes that ever rhymed? So, I can understand if these entertainers think they're the greatest, I got no problem with that. What I hate is when people either suck at what they do, or aren't that good at what they do, and smell their own piss 'til the point their brain turns yellow. AND, when there's an undeserved sense of being more than human. You put your pants on the same way I do everyday..

"Hey, Em, you talkin' all this shit about other people being arrogant, but I be reading this blog, and you be talking that Demi-God shit ALL the time!"

Let me explain that to you....M.T. Bag, though we may seem cocky, arrogant, or superior, we are the most humble cats you'll ever meet. You get addressed like human beings when in our presence, you get treated equally. We shit on each other when we chill, so we'll shit on you too. The shit we talk on tracks isn't just for the sake of shit talk, it's just what we do. The music we do is done through us, though they may reflect personal opinions. The reason we don't let our modesty be heard is because, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.....not like we can't topple the industry, it's false conformity.

Grimm'll kill me when he sees the word 'CONFORMITY', we're anti-conformists....but, if you wanna catch folks' attention, you gotta cater to their likes sometimes. Not to the point where you contradict your own style, but to the point where people recognize it as something they'll like; they'll be like, "Hey, that's something different!" Plus, if you don't believe in yourself, who will?

I learned from a former art school peer, "Embrace your eccentricity." M.T. Bag are those different n!99@$. Why would you wanna listen to us if we were the same as EVERYBODY else, Auto-Tune, Snap Music making, faux thug, wanna be's?

The day Music On A CD drops, it's Judgment Day for the music industry, scratch that, THE UNIVERSE. That's not a threat, it's not arrogant, rap shit talk.....IT'S A GUARANTEE (man, that's a weird looking word)

And let me make one thing clear, if you're an upcoming artist and you love music as much as life itself....it's not that we don't care about your effort, it's just....until you make yourself known to us, we don't even know you exist.....so technically, yeah, WE DON'T CARE. Stay in your own lane, and you won't crash.

Man, that sure did get way off topic....Let me bring it back...
 


P.E.A.C.E


P.S.-Tomorrow should be live! M.T. Bag and Green Team together at a Mardi Gras party, heauxs is in trouble!!! Oh, yeah, I remember this dude used to rap at art school, he said something like, "I ride with the top down, the car look like Mardi Gras".....something like that....Fuck it!

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit