Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Friday, February 27, 2009

It Takes 4 To Tango Tango De La Muerte

I got to thinking while I was playing my other favorite SNES discovery,

Contra 3: The Alien Wars(don't get me started on how epic this joint is), and I thought about The Most Thizzle Boys And Girls as I always do....to my knowledge, we're the only upcoming group of emcees in a quartet....


I try to keep an ear out for what we're up against. Honestly, despite how many millions upon millions of rap acts out there, me being The Man Without Fear, I find it hard to feel a sense of fright or competition.  It's a dog-eat-dog world and these n!99@$ are Cujo, maybe War Dogs....I haven't decided yet....It's kill or be killed, and you can contact us at 1-800-HOMICIDE, but we hate our jobs, so we'd much rather you call 1-800-SUICIDE(look out for this line in a future lyric).


The reason there aren't too many rap groups with four members is simple, either they rap fast and must fill up all that extra song space(Bone Thugs-N-Harmony), or them dudes is doo(Dem Franchize Boyz)...don't take that as a sneak diss, lyrically, you know DFB ain't the hottest cats on the planet....


For this reason, M.T. Bag was never meant to be perceived as a rap act, even though how we do our music fits Hip-Hop/Rap the most....The group name was crafted so we wouldn't sound like a rap act, we wanted to sound like a band, and that's what we are. We aren't just rappers, we are musicians, see me? These are some swagtastic/influential quads we admire around these parts.

 
COLDPLAY:(From left to right:Johnny Buckland, Chris Martin, Will Champion, and Guy Berryman )Back when they came out with "Yellow", I was an ignorant lil son of a gun. I never gave them a chance. If it wasn't Rap, I didn't wanna hear it. Not until I heard Jay-Z's "Beach Chair" and Kanye's "Homecoming" did I accept Coldplay into my musical repertoire. Grimm came around one time and was talking how much he liked Coldplay and such, and he was tired of people picking at him because his musical taste was a little wider than most people's. I had the chance to hear their newest LP, Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends, and I instantly fell in love with the sound. The most stand out songs on the album, "Violet Hill", where I sampled "If You Love Me" from, and "Lost!". After hearing this record, I got a jolt in me step to get up and listen to their older material.
 
THE RAT PACK: (From left to right:Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peter Lawford, and Sammy davis Jr.) I'm not familiar with much of their material, but I did make a beat out of a Sammy Davis Jr. song....One time at Ace's house, I sat on the couch and listened to Sinatra 24/7, the music was poignant and relaxing...oh, when music was music. I admire The Rat Pack because they made music for the sake of music and entertainment. Those bastards were rich, but it wasn't from selling records, it was the shows they did night after night after night. They were true emcees, they knew how to move the crowd. You can tell they loved their music, they all got like 60 albums under their belt...damn, they got more material than Lil Wayne will ever have. Fuck Blood Money, Thug Money, XXL Money, I want Rat Pack Money.
 
:METALLICA:(From left to right: Kirk Hammet, James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Jason Newsted) By the way, this is the original line-up I grew up on. When I was coming up, this was all that played at my house. Kids were being raised on Biggie Smalls, 2Pac, and Juvenile and some other shit....The Black Album is probably the best album to ever be recorded. I used to watch them on tour and I wanted that life. Going on the road, people knowing your name, chicks flashing the band, and the stories the band shared, I always wanted that. Despite the roster change up, Metallica remains as one of my favorite bands of all time, pure badass.

THE BEATLES(From left to right:George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, John Lennon) The Beatles were the biggest influence upon my mind state on taking this music seriosuly. They used to bust their asses to do paid shows, and more often than not, non-paid shows. They copied flyers and worked to get on the radio. They worked for years to get their name out, and finally, THEY BLEW THE FUCK UP! They went from a group of nobodies, to a nation sensation, heart throbs and the most recognized band of all time. The Beatles appear 11 times on The Rolling Stones' Greatest 500 Albums of All Time list, with 4 of them appearing in the top 10, DAMN! Remember what I said about Rat Pack Money? Well, money was worth more back then....now, I want Beatles MONEY!

So, after looking at these successful quads, now you should understand why M.T. Bag doesn't refer to themselves as a rap group, we are a band, and don't you forget it!

P.E.A.C.E

Now, back to this Contra....

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit