Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Cliques, Sects, Posses, Gangs, Crews...Things Never Change

 
(The Warriors, 1979)

Who did you always sit at the lunch table with in high school?

Jocks with jocks, prissy girls with prissy girls, nerds with nerds, et cetera. I always thought the clique thing was stupid in high school. Well, at least for my first two years. More often than not, I was at a different table every single day at lunch. It kinda seemed like all the black kids sat together, but most of them were athletes,usually Football or Basketball(if there weren't in the gym playing)...our nerds at St.X were no ordinary nerds, they called themselves The Dragon Kids. They often partook in playing Magic: The Gathering, a popular trading card game, whilst they ate. Swimmers usually sat together.

The swimmers were the oddest folks to interact with, more so than The Dragon Kids, who usually talked about World of Warcraft or Mountain Dew. The swimmers had a secret code, I guess. They would arrive to school EVERYDAY around 6A.M. to swim. They swam so much, brown headed cats were becoming blond. I could understand why they were so tight knit, they win State EVERY year. Ask about the Bombers in the water, you'll get blown out of it...

There were TX kids too. (Theatre Xavier) TX kids usually were also affiliated with The Dragon Kids, but they were pimps, they got to work with ladies from St.Ursula and Ursuline, who all loved an artist(chicka-chicka yeah). I stayed after school a lot and lolly gagged in the hallways when I wasn't writing rhymes in the Retention Center.

Then you had your upperclassmen who had their divisions and such, I rarely hung out with them, they usually shooed me away for being a freshman...or a sophomore.

Then there was the clique I was part of. In my mind, I called us The Lunch Club, because everytime we got together, we ordered pizza or we were eating something. It was me, Ace Boogie, our friend, A-ROD23rd, and this cat named EJ, who raps under my old pseudonym, Mphamous(Infamous, but with an M in front, get it?). The first time we hooked up, we chilled at a Micky D's. Grimm used to wanna try and join us, but for unexplained reasons, A-ROD did not like Grimm, therefore we were kinda forced to ditch him on occasions. It wasn't that we didn't like him, it just didn't feel right to invite somebody to somebody's house and they don't approve.

..........So, when I hit college, I thought the clique thing will have evaporated, but it seems to be worse. College Freshman are nothing but a group of grown kids, I've come to learn. It felt like I was a kid again in the college atmosphere. There's nothing wrong with that....I wouldn't trade my Green Team membership for the world, we had TOO many good times together, man....

"AIN'T NO CLIQUE LIKE THE ONE I'M WITH"
Green Team: Okayest Times Pt. Deux(Deux is two by the way, you gotta get yourself some deuxs)
1.Spitting on each other because Fatso was tearing us new ones.
2.That time we blew at the OTHER gaze-fuck and M.O. entertained us with freestyling as it snowed.
3.When I had a foot race with Tweezy for those C-M Swags and lost.
4.When Tweez told Erbpeach, "Bet you can't do it on a dick!"
5.Listening to "Dick Pleaser" in Kief's car.
6.Fighting over Sponge-Fuck's green American Eagle hoodie when he was gone.
7.Trying to learn the way Kief stands.
8.That one time at the Pine gaze-fuck when Ace looked like he was comatose....the early zoot-suit days..
9.When M.T. Bag performed that group "Grindin' " on the wall, and when I did the 1,000 Hand Slap, then the Hyper Knee.
10.When J.Young came through and we all knew he was lying about his fight with so-and-so.

I guess cliques ain't so bad.....Contra, or Metroid?

P.E.A.C.E

Too much free time. I remember when I needed to buy some time, now I'm trying to spend it...

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit