Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Catholicism And All Its Wisdom

Well, we got two whole days left in Black History Month....wow, this is the most unobserved BHM yet.


Nobody has done anything regarding this month, not that I care, but damn, I couldn't get a Blaxploitation movie marathon or something? Geez...


As it seems, yesterday marks the beginning of Lent. When Grimm, Ace, and I attended Jesuit school, we often had to go to Mass. It was a gift and a curse, hey, I got the chance to miss the classes I dreaded, but I had to sit for two hours hearing a bunch of bologna I didn't believe in. The cool part was the sparkling soda, I swear it was real wine because, on an empty stomach, I swear I was drunk....eh, maybe not.


Lent was the worst part of the year because I felt Catholic beliefs were stupid, today, I still do. At X they encouraged religious tolerance, if you believe it and I don't, more power to you, I just won't succumb to the bullshit. The part I really got a laugh off of was Ash Wednesday. I think it's dumb, but if you believe in it, I got nothing against you. What's the purpose of putting a cross of ash on a person's forehead and walking around with it there all day?


When they dismissed Ash Wednesday Mass, I took the liberty to wipe mine off. People were like, 'Hey, you know you're ash isn't there anymore?', I go, "Yeah, I'm aware of that."


The most comedic part of the whole Lent thing, is giving something up. I've heard some off the wall things people gave up, from young'n's cigarette smoking to old folks giving up sex....yuck!


What thoroughly pissed me off the most about Lent, at X, I don't know if I'm making this up or not, my memory is oh so terrible, on Fridays, we usually had Larosa's pizza for lunch....during Lent, they served fish.......Don't quote me on that, I don't really think it happened. Around that time, I didn't like fish, today, it's still not my favorite animal to eat...depends on how it's cooked. Let me tell you something, you shouldn't eat ANYTHING from a gas station(i.e. spinning hot dogs) or church prepared fish. It's like a UFC fighter and a pacifist in your stomach, they don't agree.

 
Since it's Thursday, let me hit y'all with a Throwback.....since I feel Lent is so damn silly!
P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit