Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Best Of Both Worlds

Take one hot rapper who has been putting out nothing but classic songs and albums, take another who does the same and/or better and what do you have?

You got yoself a stew!...I mean, you have a collaboration. Not just one emcee featuring on another emcee's song, I mean, work is being done by both rappers.



Brooklyns finest - Jay Z ft. Biggie Smalls - Brooklyns finest
"Jay-Z and Biggie Smalls make ya shit ya draws!" I've been listening to this song pretty heavily as of recently. Why? It amazes me that this song wasn't written, both Jay-Z and The Notorious B.I.G are known for not writing their lyrics down. The chemistry on this one is perfection, especially the lyric, "Jigga Jay-Z, Biggie Baby!". For anybody out there who ever said Jay-Z is wack, listen to this song....If you still disagree, "bury yourself".



SOUTHSIDE - Common feat. Kanye West
I like when 'Ye and Com' Sense get on the same track, the past and present of Chi-Town spitting what they're good at. The beat is nice too.



nas n kanye still dreamin
"Some people really, some people really, some people really are.....still dreamin' ". I just like the tone of the song, the story told by 'Ye and Nas' veteran status made this collab a memorable one.



Black Republicans (feat. Jay Z) - Nas
We were due for such a collaboration, with the ending of their feud, many questioned which rapper went harder on the song....My opinion, Hov came with the slick rhyme scheme, but Nas shat on it with, "Could it be the forces of darkness/ against hood angels of good that form street politics/ makes a sweet honest kid turn illegal for commerce/ to get his feet up out of them Converse that's my word/".



Adrenaline Rush (Explicit Album Version) - Twista
With Psycho Drama providing the tone and Twista finishing it off with his 100 mile per hour lyrics, this makes for the most recognized collaboration known to Hip-Hop.



Bad Meets Evil - Eminem
In my own words, Royce Da 5'9'' is only a good rapper when he gets a song with Eminem. This holds true to every Eminem song he's been on, this one, and the 12 minute freestyle they have together. However, Royce could never see Eminem.



Kilo - Ghostface Killah
With no credit to my man, Raekwon the Chef, Ghostface and The Chef make the "Schol House Rock" of drug songs. This is a decent collab between these two, not their best, but one of my favorites.



The What - The Notorious B.I.G. and Method Man
Let me hit you with one of my personal, personal favorites, The What. Method Man came through and held his own with Frank White. Biggie even hit me with one the hottest lines he ever said because of Meth,

"...Cause hoes is irritatin like the hic-CUPSExcuse me, flows just grow through meLike trees to branchesCliffs to avalanchesIt's the praying mantisDeep like the mind of Farrakhan
A motherfuckin rap phenomenon"
 
 
With that sizzaid...
 
The E-M-P'll Say P.E.A.C.E  

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit