Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

"We Do What We Have To Do,So We Can Do What We Want To Do"

The title of this post is a quote I stumbled upon a few days ago and it has made uber sense ever since.

Like a month ago, I remember this talk I had with Boogie... I was all strung out, I didn't know which way to go, I was all stressed and junk. I was looking at this existence like, 'what's this life for?'. It made no sense, I'm like, why do we have to abide by the rules some white guys back in the day made up just to stifle our individuality?

You know? I think it's messed up we relinquish ourselves just to fit in with the norm...but that's another post. Back to this life thing...

So around the time I found the quote, Boogie explains it to me. He's all like, the purpose of living is to make of it what you please,but stay alive. The only thoughts that run through my noggin nowadays is, why is it so crucial to remain alive? I don't know what death looks like and I suppose that should be good enough reason to keep on truckin'.

The only thing I wanna do all day is make music. It's one of the only things keeping me happy at the moment. I could drop school and devote my life to this music thing,but then, today's social rules don't allow people to exclusively focus on their passions. This society requires us to gain abilities we truly don't need, spend a quarter of our lives in the classroom and another half of it working... Leaving 25% or less of our lives for sleeping or et cetera.

I suppose I would have to finish school to be able to properly devote my time to my music, but after school I'd have to get a job in my career and finish paying off financial aid, which would put a guy right back at square one.

Enough of the depression.... I gotta just work on my master plan... how am I going to lead my band to the place I wanna be? Easy.....we finish this classic LP, Music On A CD, we pack up, try to get some gigs cross country(maybe international ones) and just bring our original style.

Good music doesn't go unheard for too long...I know we got skills, the beats are too nice, the flows are on grown man status....there is absolutely nothing on the face of the Earth that can hold us back.

Other news....Obama is still alive, yippie!!!

It's almost pretty official, M.T. Bag will be rolling deep next year at UC. I don't see myself staying at WSU. WSU seems like the ultimate campus with the outside-looking-in-perspective. This place kinda sucks, I'm coming home again.

Kanye West - Homecoming - Kanye West Feat. Chris Martin

The E-M-P'll say P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit