Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Monday, March 30, 2009

"You Just A Baby"

"Out With The Old, In With The New"........

For about as long as I've been alive, I've seen young'ns come into an industry and do it WAY better than the adults working. In the movie industry, we got McCauley Culkin, Haley Joel Osment, and Dakota Fanning. With the models, Jon Bonet Ramsey and the other messed up little girls. I saw something on the news once, this kid wrote a book on how to pick up chicks. Then, we have our beloved music industry. Let's take a trip down Memory Lane....
 
Kris Kross. (Left):Chris Smith "Daddy Mac". (Other Left): Chris Kelly"Mac Daddy". Most known for their 1992 hit, "Jump". They were discovered at age 12 in a mall by Jermaine Dupri. He claimed they looked like a rap group and he made some money!!! The group reunited in 2007ish and were due to release solo albums that probably came out, I'm not too certain. Their first release went four times Platinum, the next was Plat', and their third was only Gold. Good show!

 
Nasty NaS. He broke out onto the scene in 1991 on Main Source's "Live At The Barbecue". He was 16 years old and proved children got shits to say too. He went on to release an album labeled as a Hip-Hop classic, Illmatic, and if you're that out of the loop, look up an article I wrote on his discography.
 
Lil Corey. I'ma be real, I don't remember what he made, I just know he did a track with Lil Romeo in the '02.
Lil Romeo. I don't remember any of his songs. I just knew he existed when Lil Bow Wow was out....Scratch that. I remember when he remade "It Takes Two". And I do remember his inaudible verse on Master P's "I Need Dubs". I know he's got some Plat' under his belt. If not, he's living off his dada.
 
Lil Bow Wow. Currently, I don't know why he still calls himself Bow Wow. I just remember being in the 5th grade and the little girlies were bringing Bow Wow posters and folders to school and shit. The only songs I can say I like off rip by Bow Weezy are, "What's My Name?" and "Fresh Azimiz". I remember his song with the Big Tymers, it just wasn't that big of a deal. Do you remember the rape rumor? Dude came to my elementary school. He said, "What up, y'all? Stay in school and don't do drugs." Now yousa grown man, you wanna rap about smoking blunts, that don't fly with me. Anyway, he's got a lot of Platinum plaques, and he's a decent rapper, far from the best, but decent. Dig it?

P.E.A.C.E

P.S~If I missed anybody, cuz I know I did, you better tell'em!

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit