Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Friday, March 27, 2009

"...Y Did U Do It? U Kno U Got Da Mad Fat Fluid When U Rhyme, It's 1/2 Time."

The other night I met a guy at UDF who stalled me from buying a Black&Mild. I had my headphones around my neck and he asked if I rapped. "Yeah, I do that." So he asked me to drop a verse, after spending 72 hours recording Sp00ks & Sp00ns, I just wasn't in the mood, but I let him hear M.T. Bag. (Fauste, he said you got lyrics "Cloud 9") I explained our mission and whatnot and he let me in on B.L.A.K. Heart Fam . Brothers Living As Kings, I believe was the acronym. He spit over a few of my beats and it made me think, why does EVERYONE want to make music?

Some choose to pursue music careers because of what they see on the videos. The money, the alcohol, the women, the cars, et cetera. In the words of The Alchemist "Don't do the music for the money." Others make music because without it, they have nothing. It's the same way with other hobbies and passions. Personally, I know I'd rather be poor and filthy with my music, as opposed to rich and bored living the American Dream.

My talents exceed music. I can draw/paint, I can write, but in all the years of my selfishness, I've found, music is the most selfless thing I've ever been a part of. It's cool to make beats for other artists, it's cool to promote other upcoming acts, and the illest feeling in the world is making music out of the ideas my folks suggest.

Why do I make music? Well, for numerous reasons. When I started with Burnz and Stuntman, it was a neat hobby, we just liked the sound of our voices. As time went on, the music started to sound better, and having your friends hype your head about how ill it is, makes it all the better. Now, why do I do it? I still have one of the illest ears for it, and this whole effort has been going too strong for us to not capitalize. I'm tired of not seeing shit through to the end, it's time I stick it out, no matter what. Rain or shine, hail, sleet, snow, come hell or high water, it's on!

I'd like to talk about some older posts I put up. Bag is focused on ourselves mostly, not meaning other artists can't get a helping hand. Sp00ks & Sp00ns is feature heavy, as far as our other projects are concerned. Since we're a super group, we really have no time to be concerned with other acts that either do it for laughs and giggles, or cats who can't do it.

"So, if you're talking about not doing it for the money, what do you do it for?" The original plan, it WAS for the money, who doesn't want money? Stuntman and I used to talk about being famous. I guess it runs in my family, I don't really want the fame, I'm really in it for the recognition, cash payments are accepted, though. I'd like to be part of human history, not like, "Rappers, Empathy, Ace Boogie, Skeem Da General, and Shaun Fauste, in trouble again after a backstage brawl," but, "When you think of Hip-Hop, who do you think of? 'M.T. Bag!'"

I come from a long line of muscians, my grandma wrote songs, and sent them to record companies, but never succeeded due to money issues. My cousin, in the 1970's had a singing group and they were hot shit here in Cincinnati, with a few LP's. My uncles make hotter beats than I. If I'm not destined to do this, then, damnit, I'll just keep chasing it until I achieve it or DIE!

Fuck ringtones, fuck $300 bottles, fuck record labels, and if you're not with us, fuck you too! I got no time for the negative ju-ju, "you're bringing me down, man."
 
P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit