Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Valedictorians & Pink Deloreans

 
 Today, I present thee, what I would label as a classic. The other M.T. Baggers agree this is a good album, but Grimm told me he didn't make it past the first two joints on this one.....I feel this is the most underrated album of our time, yes, Asher Roth, Drake and Kid Cudi are making BIG moves, but don't sleep on Sonic the Hamilton.

1. Music(Intro)--Sampling Graham Central Station's "Today", Hamilton pours his heart out onto one of the best intros I've heard in quite some time. "Music is the only love." The vibe is definitely reminiscent of Kanye West and the way he arranges his music. The lyrics are based upon his own introspect. This is a pretty inspirational song, czech it!
2.  Loser--I'm not too sure on the sample, but I did make a beat out of the sample he used on this song. This is the second single for his 2009 album, I don't know if he changed the song any, so.......This song flexes Hamilton's ability to be lyrical and keep it real at the same time. The mood of this song dreary, but it's funny because he feels himself, and that's what's up.
3. She's So High--Sampling "Breathe" by Telepopmusik. This song is nice. Delivered in a rhythmic, monotone manner, this song shows listeners that Sonic the Hamilton is good for more than just talking about how good he is; he can make real songs too.
4. Voices--"It's A Shame" by The Spinners. This production sounds like a beat Kanye would give to Common. Venting about how hard life is along with the idea of being on the brink of insanity. On this song, Hamilton touches on who he compares himself to, and talks about how being different really makes you the same as other....
5. Boy Who Cried Wolf--I'm not for certain on the sample, it sounds like Aretha Franklin to me. As the sample loops the words, "You don't wanna believe me," Hamilton talks about rappers who doubted his skills, cats who beat him up, and his romantic life. "Cuz y'all don't wanna believe me, huh?"
6. Let Me Live ft. Bagdad--Not sure on the sample, maybe Magnetic Fields--I Don't Wanna Get Over You", don't hold me to that. His boy drops a decent verse, and the chorus is really nice. Dope track.
7. Brighter Days--"Friends"--Whodini, I believe. Flipped better than MF DOOM's "Deep Fried Frenz" in my opinion. He flexes his vocals a little bit on this one, and a little piano. I dig it!
8. The Cookout-- I don't know the sample, but he opens it up on some funky stuff, real George Clinton Style. Not my favorite joint, but it's still dope.
9. Sat(t)lite-- A really Eminem track, he's singing, not my favorite joint, still worth a listen though.
10. Live Life To The Fullest-- Sample, ????. Reminds me of a track from the Sonic the Hamilton mixtape, reminds me of Lupe's "Gold Watch". The sample is very DOPE!
11.Come Back To You-- "I'll Always Come Back To You"--The Isley Brothers, maybe? A heartfelt song, dig it?
12. Latte-- Real shit, sample,???
13. Shinin'--The Falcons "Why Can't You See", Hamilton presents himself as a one man band, composing of multiple hims. Apparently, this is one of his best songs. Legend has it, he was going to commit suicide shortly after recording this song.
14. I'll Be Around--"Whenever You Call Me"--The Spinners. This is a really emotional track, he addresses his friends and family in this song. I love the beat and the chorus.
15. Writing In The Sky--"Betcha By Golly Wow"--The Stylistics. The most beautiful song on this album. The sample is tight, more introspect, a genius way to end an album with a bonus track.

P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit