Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sp00ks&Sp00ns Review(Words By Empathy)

 
This production was organized and mostly produced by M.T. Bag's very own, Ace Boogie. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the end result of the project, but the name threw me off BIG TIME! I didn't worry because Ace always comes through. This project was due back in February, but due to difficulties and whatever other bullshit, it's here now! A link will be up in the Discography section soon, so you can jam like we do. This, and the rest of our LP's will be given out FREE when we make copies and such. Now, let's get into the critic shit!

(Mind you, I don't have this music anywhere except the iPod, so, I don't know the official tracklisting. We'll just review them the way they appear on the 'Pod.)

EONS--I made this beat back in January. I ripped the drums from Beyonce's "Video Phone". You probably can't tell. I thought this song was going on Music On A CD because we made it back when Skeem was absent. I remember when Ace said the hook to me, I loved it! I took first verse, it's the not the original one I wrote, but it's aight. Ace kept his original verse and he brought it. My favorite verse goes to Ben Grimm, "....Which means the gang can't be complete without the M.T. Bag Carter. Being like us, it ain't that hard, bra. Wanna start, well, take the swagger as a marker."

SILLY--I remember when Ace made this beat, I kept requesting for him to play it. The song starts with me talking Facebook shit and such. My stutter has become a "catch phrase" amongst us. Ace comes in the "yurs" and delivers my favorite chorus of the album. My verse on this song is my favorite on the LP. I love how Skeem attacked the track. I dig how Ace rapped his off, "Jean Claude Van Damme, I'm raw!" I like how Grimm ends the song, "My life is the punchline.(No drums)" Too silly!

CINCINNATI'S FINEST--I made this beat on a Friday, and M.O. made us record on it that Saturday. This track was to go on Original Cin, but that never released, so it was carried over to Sp00ks. Ace does a superb job opening up, I kinda dropped the pace, delivery-wise, but M.O. kills it. I'm really in love with the beat, because I feel I did it better than whoever used the sample for Cam'Ron and them. This is a classic.

I'M GONE--This one was composed without me, I think I was in court when they started this one. Ace made the beat, WAAAAAY back in Winter Break, too much Guitar Hero. I threw a verse on it recently, could've came better. Ace shat on it in the beginning. The chorus is by M.O., but he didn't remember making it, but once reminded, he had his hand out. M.O.'s verse on this one is probably the best verse I've heard from him. "Now, some goonies they'll make an ass out you punks. Find the leader, smack him up, throw his ass, in the trunk. Spit in his face, piss on the body, leave him in the dump. Good luck, your career is dead in the first month." You don't get any goner than that, or do you?

ONLY A FEELING--Beat by Ace. It opens up on some vulgar shit. The track doesn't suck, but it's MY least favorite. I really like Grimm's verse on here though.

CALL IT A NIGHT--This song samples the end of my original verse for EONS. I said, "Overdose on complex styles and CALL IT A NIGHT, cuz I got more punchlines than a graph involved in a fight." Ace brings it as usual, I dropped an okay verse, and Skeem brightened the mood up with his comical ad-libs and nice verse. I nearly didn't make it on this tune. It's one of Boogie's oddest productions, but I dig it.

GENIUS--I made this beat. It was originally for Skeem's solo project's song, "Skeem Against The World". M.O. really liked it, so I let him use it. It's like another "Affiliates Third World". It's a decent track. It's not mediocre, it's just not THAT special to ME. I like Boogie's verse though. "Ace Boogie break hips like Arthritis on the dance flo'. On stage I stand triumphant, arm raised with my hand closed."

DISASTERPIECE--Ace beat. More Guitar Hero in that ass! This is only me and Boogie. Had I known that, I think I would've gone harder. I compare this track to GZA's "Shadowboxin' ". Ace is like M-E-T-H-O-D Man, because my tone is like GZA.

NIKES&PUMAS--Produced by me. This is probably the oldest beat on the LP. I NEVER intended the beat for usage, simply, for the lack of creativity. See, I sampled this song from a rap song, I don't like to do that. The song is Supreeme's "U Feel Lucky". The snippet comes from Negashi Armada's verse, "I need new NIKES AND PUMAS LIKE tabloids need rumors." I like how Ace opens it and how M.O. kills it, but my favorite verse goes to Grimm. "I'm a fiend for them checks, every time I hit a check, (WHA-LAA), I spend half on them checks."

GOODBYE--Another Boogie beat. I hear the original song was to only include Boogie, M.O. and Grimm, but somehow me and Skeem got on it too. It opens up with a nice verse from Grimm, then M.O. sneak dissing or whatever, I try to drop some inspiration, Skeem drops a nice one, and Boogie does his thing. This is probably the nicest Boogie beat on the LP.

M.I.L.K POUCH--We did this song right before the LP was sealed. We got really blowed and just decided to do tracks. I came up with the concept, I think. Grimm gave the milk a nice acronyms. Music Is Like Kakes. It's too easy, so we dropped it. I love this song, it reminds me of the old school.

COMMON CROOKS--This beat was recorded on back when the atmosphere was Original Cin. I got eaten alive by Relly Boi and Stuntman. Now, Ace, Grimm and Relly Boi are the only suspects. I dig the hook, real 50 Cent-ish. Big ups to Relly for representing.

PEACE THAT SHIT OUT--I love the hook for this one. This is probably gonna be the biggest hit off the LP. The intro is Ace saying, "Ben Grimm is the master." That was a wager over the new Star Trek movie. Grimm and Ace were arguing over who played Captain Kirk. I don't know how it ended except, Ace lost the bet. I'm glad Mpulse didn't make the cu. This LP would send us directly to jail if we did. Good show!

BLAZIN'--If you don't raise your hand at the beginning, you must not want none. This was to originally go on Skeem's solo album, but he's back, so, NO! This is a great stoner anthem. EVERYBODY brought it on this track. My favorite verse goes to Skeem, but Fatboy represents too. Technically, I appear on this song too, besides my Training Day ad-libs. Fatboy was kinda stuck on the lyrics, so I threw out Dan Akroyd and the verse ended, "And this is Fatboy, and if you get slapped, boy, you will turn blue and black like Dan Akroyd." I'm sure Green Team gets blowed to this one.

I'M GONE BAG MIX--This is like a Daytona 513, excluding me. I like this version more than the original. Go listen to this shit!

This LP gets an honorary 4.2 out of 5 in my book. Dig it?

Job searching today, yippie!

P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

1 Comments:

CreepinOnAComeup said...

damn, ghrim caught 'em sleepin' hahaha im GONNA get the top spot on CinCity and MOACD!!!

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit