Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thou Shalt Not Kill

A little free time. A little space.

I've been thinking recently...Why is rap music defined to most people as: Guns, Violence, Drugs, Riot, Rape, and Luxury?

If you look at early rap music, that's what it was at that time. When Hip-Hop came out, the rappers were allowed to buy the jewels and cars they rapped about.

I was listening to early Lil Wayne, B.G., Hot Boyz, Queen Latifah, and 2 Live Crew with Ace Boogie. I'm not a fan of a lot of old school music unless it's Wu-Tang Clan or something else. The subject matter of the music in the '90s doesn't appeal to me, but...not as a whole. I liked the music in the '90s that didn't refer to what was current at the time, unless the topic is timeless.

People get offended when I tell them I don't think Wayne is the Best Rapper Alive. I never thought his raps were worth anything until I heard Tha Carter II. I thought Tha Carter was doo, except, "Go DJ"....seriously.

Anyway...People wonder where the hell the Hip-Hop went. The solution to bullshit Hip-Hop is the same cure for racism and violence. The answer lies within ourselves as a whole. If we start to give a damn about most things, we'll be aware enough to rise above the un-needed problems of society.

In 2006 Nas said "Hip-Hop is Dead"...

Random...But what I'm really trying to get at is, why do rappers talk about killing in their songs? It doesn't matter if you never held a gun, at one point in time, as rappers, we talk about homicide. It makes me think...Hmm...

So? The Best Rapper Alive, he's always high/drunk/zooted when he raps...Wow.

The murderer of Hip-Hop, he sells ringtones like he works for Verizon.

****

I had the chance to listen to Soulja Boy's "iSouljaBoyTellem" or something of that nature. I wasn't surprised by The Internet's reaction to it. Soulja Boy is no one hit wonder. He's young, the only thing on his mind longevity, I'm right there with him. If I had the opportunity to make M.T. BAG MUSIC, I'd be happy eternally. You gotta wait your turn.

The Soulja Boy album is booty to me, but he had Sean Kingston and T.I. on it, people fucks with Soulja Boy....Gucci Mane too.

Last time I read, upcomer, Charles Hamilton was gonna do a Soulja Boy song....but, that was the very last I heard, a while ago.




I got away from myself...Okay.

Well...Back to the title. They wonder who killed Hip-Hop....I don't point fingers, I think as a whole, it's all of us. People aren't as passionate about the music anymore....Few , maybe......


This is an odd post, I guess because of this picture I found:http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/Tux31_818_Noemie_Lenoir.jpg
(Noemie Lenoir)

She ain't ever there when I'm at Steak N' Shake.

I'm gone.

P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit