Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Friday, June 26, 2009

"I Don't Give A F**k If Yo Last Name Is Jackson!"

...A Relly Boi quote, used to diss a rapper whose name was Michael Jackson. If you read my musings daily, I apologize for the lack of posts. I've been busy doing nothing. Writing, watching, whatever. Yesterday was a day I really couldn't wrap my mind around. I'm not sad, I'm not affected, it was just another day to me.

I don't mean to sound cold, but M.J didn't really affect my everyday...Today, I was at Ace's(HappyBirthday,Skeem) and we watched FuseTV,Loaded...They played Michael Jackson's video discography. All the greats: Billie Jean, Bad, Smooth Criminal, Thriller, Remember The Time?, Rock My World, et cetera. My favorite song by the King Of Pop, "P.Y.T(Pretty Young Thing". It's just wicked front to back.
I read a quote from the man, he said he most identifies with the Disney character,Peter Pan. The boy who never grew up, and such.
If the surgeries are real, I am sure this is what he tried to mimic with his piles of money. Despite the unexplicable craziness, MJ remains a key inspiration in the industry of music.
For instance,R.Kelly calls himself the "Pied Piper". The image of the Piper is very similar to that of Peter Pan. Despite the title, the image R.Kelly is upholding is Zorro.
Pied Piper
Zorro
If not through the music and dancemoves, it has to be the swag. Craziest clothes money can buy and "somethin' crazy on my arm."

You can see his influence in more than music. In Super Metroid, the main character, Samus, has a feature to shoot while she is walking backwards, it is called The Moonwalk....

I'm sorry I didn't commit enough time to this eulogy,but it's hard to honor such a legend in one post. This blog would have to become a fansite for me to attempt to try....Instead: MJ, you're one of the greats, and despite your faults, you will be missed, it's kinda like you'll never leave. Your name will circulate around the globe for generations to come. R.I.P

P.E.A.C.E

P.S~Prince still has better jams.

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

1 Comments:

Unknown said...

Your respect of Prince has earned you more respect from ME! lol

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit