Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

In the words of Kanye West, "When you go to sleep, what do you think 'bout?"

I think about a lot of things. How can I help advance this effort? Where will I wind up in ten years?
The usuals. Today, or yesterday rather, was a mind opener. Grimm brought up a good point, I watched You Don't Mess With The Zohan, and I read about Lupe Fiasco's We Are Lasers concept.
Grimm's observation: "I look at people and see the pain in their eyes. Why have they just given up?" Good question, right? I see a lot of older people, the generations before us. Some have fulfilled their dreams, others have settled for reg'. Why is that? Why do they teach us "follow your dreams", but turn around and say we can't do it?

You Don't Mess With The Zohan has taught me, if anything, follow your heart, do what feels right to you, and you can't help but shine. They laughed in his face when all he wanted to do was do hair. Silly to you, everything to the dreamer. Why doesn't anybody respect anybody's dreams? Why? Well, some people who feel they have no calling in life, take it upon themselves to make everyone else around them miserable. Some of these people feel they have the best interest in mind. I respect that. Sometimes...you gotta let people do their own thing. Humans are instinctless, we learn from experience, let's do that.

WE ARE LASERS....Lupe Fiasco's next album, slated for the tail end of this year. The concept: We are not Losers, we are Lasers. Lasers are the opposite of Losers, apparently. I don't know too much about it.

I guess the moral of the story, be you. Don't let anybody make you feel bad about being you. Stay conscious. Work towards what you dream to do, whether it be acting, modeling, music, fashion design, plumbing, skating, cooking, fucking, killing, robbing, driving, swimming, WHATEVER! Do your thing, because nobody can do it like or for you....

P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit