Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Monday, January 5, 2009

"M.O., M.O., Tell Me How You Do It"

 
 Today's artist under my spotlight, children, is a close friend of mine. He's "Cincinnati's Finest, Rockin' With No Diamonds". He is M.O. Also known as Maurice Kenney Jr. He's been doing his thing since the release of his first album, The Warm Up in 2005.

He was a young'n with a dream who reached out to his cousin, who is my uncle, Seth Boogie, and it was history. The Warm Up consisted of 12 tracks, all produced by Seth Boogie who was producing me and mine at the time. I would come over to Seth's and I asked him to play some of these recordings for me, I even took a copy home. At first, M.O. was on my shit list. I'm like, how can you support this gun clappin' nonsense. The Warm Up had the greatest intro in the world, the lyrics were so real and the beat was beautiful. There were a couple anthem tracks, a weed song, a love song and even a T.I. diss, that I never approved of.

I met M.O. face to face in 2006, he was shocked to see me, for I was taller and appeared much older than him. We developed a connection, but never a buddy, buddy friendship. We got together later that year for two collaborations, "Time Is Wastin' " and the controversial "Purple And Green", both produced by Sethwitdabeats.

I took a year off from the music in 2007 for school and such and later got back in touch with M.O. By 2008, me and M.T. Bag had just finished M.I.C and he had just put the finishing touches on his sophomore album, The M.O. Hour. We played M.I.C, and then The M.O. Hour. I was absolutely amazed by the progress that not only Seth had made with his producing skills, but also by how much M.O. had improved since I last heard him. His lyrics had subject matter, he utilized compound rhyming more and I was proud.

In the words of Seth Boogie, "M.O. isn't the greatest rapper in the world, but he can put on a three man show." This is no exaggeration. I had the chance to see M.O. in concert a few times. He did a show at this school, he stood up on chairs and had the older people in the audience respond to his lyrics. I performed with him twice, the first time I bombed, the second time, I did decently.

M.O. has made some big moves from an unsigned artist's point of view. If you're familiar with the Cincinnati rap scene, he rapped on a track provided by Kill Will, "Bright Red Hair", I heard it was on 101.1 The Wiz at one point in time. He has sold over 1,000 copies of The Warm Up. He did a show in Chi-Town for the Hip-Hop Political Convention, yeah, Obama...He was on a public access television show, you know? Like channel 4...? He's a journalist for a newspaper, The Cincinnati Beacon. He performed at the 2007 Black Family Reunion. He also has a video on youtube with another Cincinnati artist, Moxy Monster, where they remix M.I.A's "Paper Planes".

 

What else, he's got this song off of The M.O. Hour called...."The M.O. Hour'', when he performs it, it's crazy what the entire crowd will do when they hear it. Also, Ace features on The M.O. Hour on the song "The Affiliates Third World", I produced it and did my booty producer talk on it. M.O. is also heavily featured on our upcoming Original Cin Mixtape.  
(M.O. and Seth Boogie)

So if you're looking for something else to listen to besides M.T. Bag, please don't hesitate to dig into our playlist, we actually recommend it....

Oh yeah, M.O. says, "100 thou', that's my AL-BUM, please, n!99a, if you want to buy one, I think yooou need to have one."

Hahhahaha!

The E-M-P'll Say P.E.A.C.E


Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit