Quality Hit Counters Take Us Higher!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

"This Rap S**t is So Easy"

I was just watching Boogie play Guitar Hero and it dawned upon me......as rappers, we don't do jack shit. It takes talent to compose these melodic notes, we producers just steal that hard work. It takes hard work to write those lyrics, as rappers, just rap over that hard work.

We see it as art and entertainment, convincing ourselves that we're putting our own spin on it...........in fact, if no one can tell what you rap over is a sample and it is, you've done your job........

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do about this, I wanna keep flipping these unheard songs and claim them as my own creation,but this new part of my brain keeps saying no, no, no. It's all ish though, as long as I'm having my fun with it, does it matter. I mean, all our favorite singers have done cover songs of other singers. So, will the sample based sound stop...................no.....................but, expect a dramatic decrease.

'Nuff Said, True Believers, Excelsior!!!!!!!!!

The E-M-P'll say P.E.A.C.E

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Spit Yo Game, Talk Yo Shit